Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: E60 on Petrolicious

  1. #1
    E500E Guru a777fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    812

    E60 on Petrolicious

    All the cool stuff ends up in Russia.

    Let the corrections & clarifications commence!!

    https://petrolicious.com/articles/th...ve-super-sedan


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to a777fan For This Useful Post:

    500AMM (1 Week Ago), Eno (1 Week Ago), Hakie (1 Week Ago), JC220 (1 Week Ago), Klink (1 Week Ago), maw1124 (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago), sheward (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago), Wide Open Cowbell (1 Week Ago)

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    309

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    What an odd place for that car to end up. South Ossetia says they are independent but relies on both Russia and Georgia.
    '00 E55 AMG
    '83 240D
    '80 300SD

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harv For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (1 Week Ago), Duh_Vinci (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  5. #3
    E500E Guru maw1124's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FL & MI, USA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Nice article A777fan. It reminds us why we love these cars -- they can still shove today's traffic around, a la Taxi.

    It's literally the only 25 year old car I can see myself driving around today the way I do this one, like it's not even out of place, space or league; like you'd actually rather be in this than almost anything else you see on the road. True story.

    Oh, to be a young kid in 1998... This is more like me..."40-something-year-old, very busy people with families, who rarely wish to spend their precious time letting someone they don’t know get all personal with their automotive babies." Unless your name happens to be Klink...

    maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 1 Week Ago at 07:43 PM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maw1124 For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (1 Week Ago), Hakie (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  7. #4
    E500E Guru 2phast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirkland, Washington
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Looks like the only glaring inaccuracy is the statement about it having an AMG exhaust. This car does have a AMG exhaust though, but its a AMG of Japan item, the E60 out of Germany never had this option.
    1993 500E
    http://2phast.com/500e/500e-sig.jpg

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

    500AMM (1 Week Ago), a777fan (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  9. #5
    E500E Guru TerryA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Age
    76
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    777,

    Thanks for posting. That’s a nice article and a great looking E60. Love the color. It may not be 100% correct from the factory but who cares. He mentions the 18” Neese wheels (which really set it off) were needed to accommodate the Brembo brake upgrade, (Nice). The Recaro CSE are not stock either but look great!!

    Interesting statement that all of these “cool” 124.036 cars end up in Russia. It would be a rare sighting to actually see one on the road in Russia. I’ve been to Saint Petersburg twice as a tourist (4 days) and only have seen one old 300D beater on the road.

    Lol
    Terry

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TerryA For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (1 Week Ago), albdentist (1 Week Ago), maw1124 (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago)

  11. #6
    E500E Guru maw1124's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FL & MI, USA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    During the various Russia currency crises, people turned to “investing” in cars to preserve the value of the cash. When the currency rebounded, they could sell the cars (or not). It’s partly the reason Newark car theft is so crazy ... the cars go straight to the port and off to sea.

    That, plus the USEPA handcuffing us Gringos, means they can get all the good cars. Can you imagine what we’d have in the US if it wasn’t for the EPA? I can think of a few more cars I’d have.

    maw

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to maw1124 For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (1 Week Ago)

  13. #7
    Senior Member kwontumspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    249

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    How much were the Neese last time anyone checked?

  14. #8
    Intl 500E GTG coordinator 195910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,688

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Really nice to see our fellow 124036 owners in Russia taking care and investing of these fine cars. They are willing to put a lot of resources in the cars and are buying all the spare parts inventory they can find (US, Europe, Japan, Middleeast..). they also own the majority of the 124036 6.xL examples, including 2 out of 3 Brabus 6.5.

    BTW, Russia is still the 2nd biggest market for Brabus complete conversions, Second only to China.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to 195910 For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (1 Week Ago)

  16. #9
    Senior Member mercepor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hungary, France
    Posts
    314

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    impressive collection
    i don't like the steering wheel, but this is just me
    and found interesting the limited door panels vs. black interior....

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to mercepor For This Useful Post:

    Benz (1 Week Ago)

  18. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    81

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Great looking color also, I wonder what color it is? It looks a bit lighter than Midnight Blue (904), but I am not sure. I wonder if it is Azurite Blue? Lot of nice mods, steering wheel, pedals. It looks like the front seats are not original, since the door cards look like it's a 958 code (Limited) but front seats don't look that way (and headrests don't look like MB ones). In any case I think the upgrades (seats, pedals, steering wheel) look great. Maybe the seats did come this way from the factory - I doubt it but don't know. In talking to an MB tech/service manager who spent time at AMG in Germany, when trying to figure out how/why original owner of my car ordered it the way he did the MB tech/service manager told me "back then (i.e. '92, '93, '94 and earlier) you could basically order almost anything from AMG, even crazy things like plaid seats and they would build it for you". I had heard this before. The seat adjustment controls and seats themselves almost make it look like the seats from an AMG Hammer, so maybe the car was ordered this way and it came originally with these? I kind of doubt it (especially when looking at the headrests), but I don't know.

    In addition to the AMG exhaust tips being AMG of Japan item, I wonder if that is true of the AMG door sills also. All the E60's I looked at from Japan had these door sills, but not all the ones that spent their life in Europe did.

    When I was looking for E60, I was initially surprised how many ended up in Russia and other eastern bloc countries. They seemed to have cornered the market on them.
    Last edited by msq; 1 Week Ago at 10:39 AM.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msq For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago)

  20. #11
    E500E Guru Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    738

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Whats up with that steering wheel its aweful nevertheless an amazing gem =)

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (1 Week Ago)

  22. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    81

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    Whats up with that steering wheel its aweful nevertheless an amazing gem =)
    wonder if it's a RAID steering wheel. Kind of looks like it, with those two silver buttons.

    Looks like this, but a bit different.

    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/access...steering-wheel

    If I were going to change steering wheel on the E60, it would either be Sportline or C43/E55 wheel, so it's an OEM Mercedes part (although different model)
    Last edited by msq; 1 Week Ago at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msq For This Useful Post:

    Benz (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  24. #13
    E500E Guru 2phast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirkland, Washington
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by msq View Post
    Great looking color also, I wonder what color it is? It looks a bit lighter than Midnight Blue (904), but I am not sure. I wonder if it is Azurite Blue? Lot of nice mods, steering wheel, pedals. It looks like the front seats are not original, since the door cards look like it's a 958 code (Limited) but front seats don't look that way (and headrests don't look like MB ones). In any case I think the upgrades (seats, pedals, steering wheel) look great. Maybe the seats did come this way from the factory - I doubt it but don't know. In talking to an MB tech/service manager who spent time at AMG in Germany, when trying to figure out how/why original owner of my car ordered it the way he did the MB tech/service manager told me "back then (i.e. '92, '93, '94 and earlier) you could basically order almost anything from AMG, even crazy things like plaid seats and they would build it for you". I had heard this before. The seat adjustment controls and seats themselves almost make it look like the seats from an AMG Hammer, so maybe the car was ordered this way and it came originally with these? I kind of doubt it (especially when looking at the headrests), but I don't know.

    In addition to the AMG exhaust tips being AMG of Japan item, I wonder if that is true of the AMG door sills also. All the E60's I looked at from Japan had these door sills, but not all the ones that spent their life in Europe did.

    When I was looking for E60, I was initially surprised how many ended up in Russia and other eastern bloc countries. They seemed to have cornered the market on them.
    There are quite a few items on the car that are not OEM. The steering wheel is a Raid, its one of the few aftermarket wheels that have a airbag and are compatible with Mercedes. It is quite small though, smaller than the E55 AMG wheel. I had one on my car but took it off and sold it, the size blocks most of your view to the cluster.
    1993 500E
    http://2phast.com/500e/500e-sig.jpg

  25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

    500AMM (1 Week Ago), gerryvz (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago), maw1124 (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago), sheward (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  26. #14
    Senior Member Eno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Doha, Qatar
    Posts
    340

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Is this an original E60 from the factory?
    Or is it a E500 Limited sent to AMG to be a E60?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Eno For This Useful Post:

    msq (1 Week Ago)

  28. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    81

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    Is this an original E60 from the factory?
    Or is it a E500 Limited sent to AMG to be a E60?
    The picture of the front crossmember has stickers that come on 957 code

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to msq For This Useful Post:

    Eno (1 Week Ago)

  30. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    309

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by msq View Post
    When I was looking for E60, I was initially surprised how many ended up in Russia and other eastern bloc countries. They seemed to have cornered the market on them.
    There is a strong mentality of spending money on things and experiences over savings because of banking uncertainties and currency fluctuations. At least that is what I've experienced living there. The love of German vehicles is as big as anything so it adds up to buying the best of the best.
    '00 E55 AMG
    '83 240D
    '80 300SD

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harv For This Useful Post:

    msq (1 Week Ago), sheward (1 Week Ago)

  32. #17
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Neat car. It's definitely not Midnight Blue, and I think msq may be correct that it could be Azurite Blue. Definitely not a Limited code 958 as those were only available in 009 or 744. The Limited door cards must be one of the various upgrades / modifications. Speaking of which... what sane person would remove the AMG suspension and replace it with H&R?

    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

  33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    195910 (1 Week Ago), 500AMM (1 Week Ago), a777fan (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago)

  34. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    81

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    ....Speaking of which... what sane person would remove the AMG suspension and replace it with H&R?
    I was thinking the same thing about the suspension, and then it started to get me thinking "maybe I am missing something, maybe that's a good upgrade and I just don't get it". The article makes it sound like H&R suspension was an upgrade. The only way I would change away from original AMG suspension is if I could not get the parts any longer.
    Since it sounds like it can't be a 958 Limited then this car has more "upgrades" than I thought....seats, suspension, steering wheel, door cards, pedals.
    Agreed, definitely a neat car, super low mileage etc.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msq For This Useful Post:

    500AMM (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago)

  36. #19
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by msq View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the suspension, and then it started to get me thinking "maybe I am missing something, maybe that's a good upgrade and I just don't get it". The article makes it sound like H&R suspension was an upgrade. The only way I would change away from original AMG suspension is if I could not get the parts any longer.
    You are exactly correct. AMG designed the suspension specifically for that car, with dampers tuned to the AMG springs. Whatever dampers are in there now, may work ok with H&R springs, but I'd prefer the AMG bits any day. AMG dampers are still available last I checked ($$$$!) but the AMG springs have been NLA for a while now. Thankfully the springs don't really "wear out".


  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    195910 (1 Week Ago), a777fan (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago)

  38. #20
    E500E explorer 500AMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by 195910 View Post
    Really nice to see our fellow 124036 owners in Russia taking care and investing of these fine cars. They are willing to put a lot of resources in the cars and are buying all the spare parts inventory they can find (US, Europe, Japan, Middleeast..). they also own the majority of the 124036 6.xL examples, including 2 out of 3 Brabus 6.5.

    BTW, Russia is still the 2nd biggest market for Brabus complete conversions, Second only to China.
    I count 5 off Brabus 6.5 conversions;
    - your car
    - Bodo Buschmann car
    - 2 in Russia
    - 1 in Norway (Brabus engine #119 651 12 0134)

    But is it really build only 5 of these?
    Last edited by 500AMM; 1 Week Ago at 05:51 AM.
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

  39. #21
    E500E explorer 500AMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Neat car. It's definitely not Midnight Blue, and I think msq may be correct that it could be Azurite Blue. Definitely not a Limited code 958 as those were only available in 009 or 744. The Limited door cards must be one of the various upgrades / modifications. Speaking of which... what sane person would remove the AMG suspension and replace it with H&R?

    The article says Azuritblau

    "....It seemed almost black in the garage, but as soon as Konstantin rolled it out the E60’s Azuritblau changed its shade to a deep blue that hinted at dark violet from some angles...."
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 500AMM For This Useful Post:

    gsxr (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago)

  41. #22
    E500E explorer 500AMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by msq View Post
    In addition to the AMG exhaust tips being AMG of Japan item, I wonder if that is true of the AMG door sills also. All the E60's I looked at from Japan had these door sills, but not all the ones that spent their life in Europe did.
    FYI, the AMG door sill plates is #B66021000
    and the specific Limited sill plates is #B66890000
    Last edited by 500AMM; 1 Week Ago at 05:53 AM.
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 500AMM For This Useful Post:

    ace10 (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago)

  43. #23
    E500E explorer 500AMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    I'm pretty sure the 300kmh AMG speedo plate is a replica, but it's a high quality one! The cut out for the warning triangle is missing, the 50-60 hachure is different, and the numbers have a slightly different orientation. Various AMG speedos are discussed here; https://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810

    The plate shown in post #31 is very close to the one in the E60 article.
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 500AMM For This Useful Post:

    8899 (1 Week Ago), a777fan (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago)

  45. #24
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by 500AMM View Post
    I count 5 off Brabus 6.5 conversions;
    - your car
    - Bodo Buschmann car
    - 2 in Russia
    - 1 in Norway (Brabus engine #119 651 12 0134)

    But is it really build only 5 of these?
    Rumor was they only had 13 of the 100mm-stroke cranks produced, and 12 cars built with the 6.4L engine badged as "6.5"... some of which were W210 or other chassis. At least one W210 is in USA (SoCal).


  46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    500AMM (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  47. #25
    Intl 500E GTG coordinator 195910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,688

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    what sane person would remove the AMG suspension and replace it with H&R?

    I think it did not have AMG suspension!
    On the Factory E60 AMG, the AMG suspension package and 17inch Aero2 wheels were optional and have a separate option code (779 is the AMG suspention package)

    My E60 does not have the suspension package and all the suspension components or standard E500, the first owner bought AMG wheels (Aero2) when he first bought the car and later the Brabus IV.

  48. The Following User Says Thank You to 195910 For This Useful Post:

    TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  49. #26
    Intl 500E GTG coordinator 195910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,688

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by 500AMM View Post
    I count 5 off Brabus 6.5 conversions;
    - your car
    - Bodo Buschmann car
    - 2 in Russia
    - 1 in Norway (Brabus engine #119 651 12 0134)

    But is it really build only 5 of these?
    - the only one outside Russia
    - Bodo's car is in russia, many videos for the car taken there
    - Yes they have the silver E500 converted in 2001/2003, and there are a few Brabus 6.0L
    - Norway car is not a 124036 VIN.

  50. The Following User Says Thank You to 195910 For This Useful Post:

    TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  51. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    81

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by 500AMM View Post
    FYI, the AMG door sill plates is #B66021000
    and the specific Limited sill plates is #B66890000
    Do you know if the sill plates were specific to AMG Japan models, like the AMG exhaust tips?
    The E60's from Japan I looked at had the AMG sill plates, and the European ones I looked at did not (I can't remember exactly as some of the European ones were "imports/re-imports" from Japan and did have AMG sill plates, but I don't remember if any of the ones that were not Japanese "imports/re-imports" had those sill plates.)

  52. #28
    E500E Guru Taxi Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stockholm Sweden
    Posts
    903

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Hmm, a Nippon 036 and an E60, or even a Limited at that... should ring a Bell or two? When, if ever, in the future, will we
    be able to read a correctly produced article about the 036? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to, throw anyone or anything
    "under the Bus" no I read whatever comes about the 124 036 BUT nowadays still seeing alot of false "truths" is annoying.

    About this sort of carelessly mix match of a car with alot of downgrading to the value, for one, Azurite was never avail. ?
    Steering wheel?? thouse "airline seats" not My favourite, obviously and how much would a pair of Limit. ones, set you back?

    I'm sorry, a very desirable car it would be, if original i.e, now a bit "questionable" may have got away over there in Japan...
    '92 500E 6.0 AMG
    '93 400E 5.0 AMG
    '96 E50 AMG
    '96 CL500
    '99 C43 AMG

  53. #29
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Wiki says there were 15 sprayed with Azurite (code 366):

    https://www.500eboard.com/forums/wik...0E-Paint-Codes


  54. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    msq (1 Week Ago)

  55. #30
    E500E Guru 2phast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirkland, Washington
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by msq View Post
    Do you know if the sill plates were specific to AMG Japan models, like the AMG exhaust tips?
    The E60's from Japan I looked at had the AMG sill plates, and the European ones I looked at did not (I can't remember exactly as some of the European ones were "imports/re-imports" from Japan and did have AMG sill plates, but I don't remember if any of the ones that were not Japanese "imports/re-imports" had those sill plates.)
    The exhaust was not just "tips", it was a OE rear muffler modified with added AMG tips. It does carry a HWA part number, but like all the AMG of Japan built items, it does not show up in the EPC, none of the AMG of Japan specific parts do or ever did. There seems to have been two HWA part numbers for this exhaust, if you run the part numbers in the EPC without HW in front of the A, the first is a 230e muffler and the 2nd is a 260e muffler.

    My suggestion with the door sills is to see if you can reference them in the EPC, if they are not present, then its a good indicator its a AMG of Japan only item. Even if the item is NLA, it will still be in the EPC, those part numbers never really get removed but may get superseded by a different part number.

    FWIW, I have seen those sills on many JDM AMG's but not on German built cars, but I have only seen AMG of Japan items carry a HWA part number, the B prefix normally indicates this is a optional item ordered separately and does not necessarily indicate a AMG item, it could be anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1993 500E
    http://2phast.com/500e/500e-sig.jpg

  56. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

    gsxr (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  57. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    81

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by 2phast View Post
    FWIW, I have seen those sills on many JDM AMG's but not on German built cars, but I have only seen AMG of Japan items carry a HWA part number, the B prefix normally indicates this is a optional item ordered separately and does not necessarily indicate a AMG item, it could be anything.
    Thanks for the info. That is my experience on the door sills also (i.e. Japanese market AMG's).
    (when you say that you have only seen AMG of Japan items carry an HWA part, I suspect I may be misinterpreting. My point being that some HWA part numbers also came on AMG Germany cars, not just Japan cars)

  58. #32
    E500E Guru 2phast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirkland, Washington
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by msq View Post
    Thanks for the info. That is my experience on the door sills also (i.e. Japanese market AMG's).
    (when you say that you have only seen AMG of Japan items carry an HWA part, I suspect I may be misinterpreting. My point being that some HWA part numbers also came on AMG Germany cars, not just Japan cars)
    I am sorry, that definitely is not what I meant to convey. What I was trying to say is that AMG of Japan BUILT parts will be assigned a HWA prefix part number to follow the naming convention of AMG of Germany. AMG of Japan has not been known to assign B part numbers to their custom built items, at least I have never come across any to date.

    B prefix parts can be optional regular parts or AMG items. In some cases, a AMG part will have a HWA part number and a B prefix part number. Wheels are a good example of this.
    1993 500E
    http://2phast.com/500e/500e-sig.jpg

  59. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

    Eno (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago), msq (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  60. #33
    Intl 500E GTG coordinator 195910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,688

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    The AMG door sills do exist from the Factory, but not illuminated.

  61. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 195910 For This Useful Post:

    msq (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

  62. #34
    E500E explorer 500AMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    That AMG sill plates is shown in the AMG equipment catalogue for the ‘90 era cars, but the PN is not listed there AFAIK. But the PN can be found in the overall B-parts list. I don’t have these docs on hand right now.
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

  63. The Following User Says Thank You to 500AMM For This Useful Post:

    msq (1 Week Ago)

  64. #35
    E500E explorer 500AMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,774

    Re: E60 on Petrolicious

    Quote Originally Posted by 500AMM View Post
    I count 5 off Brabus 6.5 conversions;
    - your car
    - Bodo Buschmann car
    - 2 in Russia
    - 1 in Norway (Brabus engine #119 651 12 0134)

    But is it really build only 5 of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by 195910 View Post
    - the only one outside Russia
    - Bodo's car is in russia, many videos for the car taken there
    - Yes they have the silver E500 converted in 2001/2003, and there are a few Brabus 6.0L
    - Norway car is not a 124036 VIN.
    WDB1240361B486565 is the correct VIN on the Norwegian Brabus 6.5

    The car has a chassis replacement based on a condemned '85 230E. Too much to explain about that in this thread, but the short version is that it was done due to the extreme import tax here at the time. This is no shady backyard business, this has to be applied for at the DVLA/DMA, approved and documented in the register. So this car is the true metal.
    Last edited by 500AMM; 6 Days Ago at 10:06 AM.
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

Similar Threads

  1. Petrolicious Article - 500E in Boston - Featured Article
    By outrbnks in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2018, 12:32 PM
  2. Petrolicious Video: The E500 & Porsche 928
    By 8899 in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-27-2016, 08:49 AM
  3. E500 on Petrolicious
    By 500ESpain in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2016, 11:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •