Thread: FS: 1992 500E, Black/Black, 137kmi, $9500 (Boca Raton, FL)

FS: 1992 500E, Black/Black, 137kmi, $9500 (Boca Raton, FL)

Chaps,

A 1992 for sale in Boca Raton:

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/2722735541.html

"MAKE OFFER * MAKE OFFER* MAKE OFFER
    1992 MERCEDES BENZ 500E
    Built by Porsche and Mercedes Benz
    Assembled on Porsche 959 Factory Line
    Black Metallic Exterior
    Black Leather Interior
    CLEAR ACCIDENT FREE CARFAX
    5.0 Liter 32-Valve DOHC V8
    322 Horsepower @ 5700rpm
    354 lb ft Torque @ 3900rpm
    5.5 Second 0-60mph
    Top Speed 161mph

***LOTS of PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT LINK BELOW***
    Completely Stock Engine & Transmission
    Better Power-to-Weight Ratio than a SL500
    More Desireable & Modifiable Early 1992 Engine
    All Available Options: Hands-Free Mobile Phone & Heated Seats
    Integrated & Hidden Passport Radar/Laser Detection
    Tinted Windows
    All the Top-of-the-Line Mercedes Luxuries
    Black Metallic Exterior on Black Leather Interior
    Fully Powered Recaro Luxury Front Seats
    Recaro-type Rear Seating with Center Burlwood Console & Armrest
    BRAND NEW 245/50/16 BFGoodrich g-Force Tires (Wider than Stock)
    BRAND NEW Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors Front & Rear
    BRAND NEW High-Performance Ceramic Brake Pads Front & Rear
    MOBIL 1 since 15,000 miles (CLEAR & CLEAN OIL)
    ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
    ABSOLUTELY FREEZING A/C
    Throttle Body has been Replaced; Original Core INCLUDED
    Original Window Sticker $82,500 PLUS Options
    2.82 gearing ratio
    Flared Front and Rear Wheel Arches (Wider for wider alloys)
    Sportsline Leather Interior (Recaro leather seats)
    Real Burlwood Console
    Jetronics Ignition System (Superior to normal 500SL/SL500 ignition)
    Front Wider Apron and Front Foglights
    16" 8-Hole Alloy Wheels
    Lower & Stiffer Suspension
    Battery Placed in Trunk for Weight Distribution
    Bigger Brakes & Brake Calipers
    Bespoke E500 Headlights (Seperate Fog & Driving Lights)
    Aerodynamic Underbody Covers
    CHASIS MODIFICATION DESIGNED BY PORSCHE
    FULL POWER
    NO SMOKE
    SHIFTS FLAWLESSLY
    BRAKES POWERFULLY
    ***UNBELIEVABLY MAINTAINED***
    Please Read ENTIRE Ad Before Emailing!!!

I could go on & on & on, but the bottom line is: unless you have driven a 1992 500E, no amount of describing will do it justice. All the numbers in the world won't give you the SOLID & POWERFUL feeling of being behind the wheel. One of the 1992 automobile magazine articles may have put it best in their last line: "Sell your Soul." I have owned many powerful Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches, Range Rovers, Corvettes, etc.. The 1992 500E, in my opinion (and I am not alone in saying this), is one of the Best Vehicles EVER MADE... By ANY Company. I have owned three: two 1992 & one 1994. The 1994 E500 was great as well, but NOT the same. I don't know why, but those of you who have driven many miles in 1992,1993, & 1994 500E will probably agree. This was the best of them and I planned to keep her forever.

That all changed when a bitch talking on her cell phone decided not to see the vehicles in front of her stopped at a red light in Boca Raton. I have taken numerous photos of the damage to the trunk. Spare tire, spare tire storage bin, spare tire cover, and trunk carpet are ALL INCLUDED, but have been removed for photos to clearly show the trunk damage. ***CLEAR & CLEAN TITLE IN HAND*** Test Drive Note: Acceleration & Braking NOT AT ALL Affected by Trunk Damage. It will Rocket to 100mph+ & Back Down to Zero with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. However, I am religious about ONLY driving spiritedly with FULLY HEATED OIL. NO EXCEPTIONS. On ALL of my Cars. OIL Temp, NOT Water. So don't ask to turn the key and 0-60mph at the first stop light... it's not going to happen.

Please do not call & tell me you found a 400E for less or modified 300E for much less and would like me to match a low-ball price. If you know this vehicle, you know they are finally beginning to APPRECIATE. This car will be sold VERY close to asking price or stored. ANY questions whatsoever, please feel free to contact me... I love to talk about this vehicle and know this model very well. Thanks!"

ADMIN UPDATE: 137,000 miles, damaged in rear - pasted new URL and text from updated Craigslist ad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: FS: 1992 500E, Black/Black, $9500 (Boca Raton, FL)

A bit of a boo boo . . .

https://picasaweb.google.com/1014189...eat=directlink
    Attached Images Attached Images

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Re: FS: 1992 500E, Black/Black, 137kmi, $9500 (Boca Raton, FL)

That's close to being a parts car. I'd give him $2k for it. Most likely will need $4-$8k in repairs, also likely to have a salvage title. Real shame.

Also, note the dark areas in the coolant reservoir... hope that's not engine oil (blown head gasket). If so... $$$$$....

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

+1 on both counts. That coolant expansion tank don' look good .... no bueno on that pup. $9,500 for a significantly rear-ended (but repairable) car? Guy must be smoking major doobage.

Indeed, it's a $2,500 car at the outside, and you're talking $7-8K to repair that, plus incidentals. New body panels on the entire rear of the car, bumpers, etc. Doesn't look like it has frame from the looks of the rear bump, but still, anytime the rear side panels are buckled it gets complicated (and spendy) real fast. Unfortunate.

Anyone happen to have the VIN on this pup? Would be good do have this damage documented for future reference.

Cheers,
    Gerry

Gerry,

I asked the seller for the VIN number and this is what he wrote, a rip off?

Message body:

Hello:

Thank you for your email regarding the 1992 500E. The vehicle currently has a party researching shipping costs to California, but at this point, no down payment has been taken and the vehicle will not be held for anyone without a deposit.

My 78 year-old father bought this vehicle from the original owner in 1996 with 41,xxx miles. The corporation employing the first owner purchased the 500E for him as a company vehicle. Fortunately for us, the company had a policy of not allowing him to keep a vehicle for longer than four years or out of warranty, so he was forced to list the vehicle for sale. My father kept the 500E at his condo in Boca Raton and used it during winters in south Florida. The car has been garaged & well waxed during its entire life and touch of the paint with the back of your hand will confirm this. The paint shines deep & glossy.

Any Mercedes Benz connoisseur living in Boca Raton during the winters is sure to have seen this vehicle driven slowly on A1A or Federal Highway in town. My father has never been a fast driver and we have asked him many times why he needed a 500E if it is never driven as it was designed to be driven. The answer lies with his affinity for rare vehicles. Not the flashy chrome look-at-me rare, but the kind of rare which causes a true automobile enthusiast to cross a parking lot and strike up a conversation. This vehicle has been his baby for many years and although the cold weather was blamed for sending him to Florida every winter, we all knew it was also getting back to the 500E.

Last fall, while driving to the Boca Raton Library, and only one block from their destination, my parents were rear ended while stopped at a red light by a lady who was talking on her cell phone and stopped just a bit too late. Almost immediately, my father began his search for another vehicle and has not considered fixing the 500E. In some way, the carelessness of the driver at fault put such a sour taste in my father's memory, he wants no evidence of her stupidity and simply wants to move on with good memories of the 500E.

As fate would have it, less than 500 miles before the accident, the brake pads, brake rotors, and tires were ALL replaced front and back. Mobil 1 has been used in the vehicle since 15,000 miles (not recommended until after first 10,000 miles). Cross-drilled & slotted premium rotors. Ceramic premium brake pads. ATE Super Blue Premium brake fluid. Built-in and hidden Passport Radar/Laser protection (original owner). COMPLETELY STOCK ORIGINAL ENGINE. For complete list of automobile upgrades including tires and brakes, see craigslist link below:

Link To Craigslist Ad:
    http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/2722735541.html

Please feel free to call me at the number below with any additional questions. I can answer any questions about the vehicle or ask my father. His hearing has diminished over the years making phone conversation difficult; however, you will deal with him in person when receiving the CLEAR & CLEAN Title. As you can see from the attached photos of the AutoCheck run in the last two weeks, this is a CLEAR & CLEAN, No Accident Reported, Two Owner 500E.

Picasa Photo Album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/Vote4Pe...eat=directlink

Sincerely,
    Peter

P.S. The vehicle is currently available for viewing in ATLANTA because my parents are visiting my sister for the Thanksgiving holiday. (Obviously it is driving perfectly) They will be returning to Boca Raton in the 500E during the first week of December.

PLEASE MAKE ME AN OFFER FOR A QUICK SALE IF INTERESTED

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

This part was funny:

"Please do not call & tell me you found a 400E for less or modified 300E for much less and would like me to match a low-ball price. If you know this vehicle, you know they are finally beginning to APPRECIATE. This car will be sold VERY close to asking price or stored. "

Uh, I think it will be stored. Very unlikely the current owner will come down to a reasonable price. At least it has a clean title. My $2k offer still stands.

Please excuse my jumping in here but I'm new to the forum and need some market pricing help on a 1991 SEC. Will someone please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ed

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by atmedd View Post
    Please excuse my jumping in here but I'm new to the forum and need some market pricing help on a 1991 SEC. Will someone please point me in the right direction.
    Ed, you want the 126 chassis forum - post your question at this link:
    https://www.500eboard.com/forums/foru...50-C126-Coupes

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    This part was funny:

"Please do not call & tell me you found a 400E for less or modified 300E for much less and would like me to match a low-ball price. If you know this vehicle, you know they are finally beginning to APPRECIATE. This car will be sold VERY close to asking price or stored. "

Uh, I think it will be stored. Very unlikely the current owner will come down to a reasonable price. At least it has a clean title. My $2k offer still stands.
    +1 Get the storage facility ready...