Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ASR defeat wiring diagram

Re: ASR delete wiring diagram

Do we have any updates on the ASR delete project?

I've paid for two sets a while back, and just checking in to see if everything's alright. Hopefully some people have been receiving theirs, or have been in contact.

Would appreciate an update!

FYI to all.

I have finally got in contact with Martin (modzona) on sms last week, and he told he has been seriously sick for a couple of months. I don't know what he happen suffer from, but the situation has developed a little bit better lately, he said.

I have paid for two ASR kits and I supplied the 4 needed switches myself as a part of our deal. When things was slowing up on this, I proposed to assemble the kits myself if he sent me all needed items, but he wouldn't be able to send anything before end of February in any case.

I don't know Martin personally and we've never met, and he lives about 1300 km north of me. Over the years we've been in contact quite often on Email, text and on phone sometimes, and I have a positive impression of him. He appears to be serious about things. I hope those of us who haven't received the ASR kits yet, can give him the needed time to recover and wait for his solution on this when time comes.

Martin - in case you read this, just tell us (..or me if you want to stay off public) if we can do anything to help you through your though times. Take care!
    Last edited by 500AMM; 01-22-2017 at 05:59 AM.
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 500AMM For This Useful Post:

nocfn (01-21-2017)

hope he is doing well!

Has anyone received their ASR delete modules and used it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch View Post
    Has anyone received their ASR delete modules and used it?
    I ordered 2 sets and when I finally got in touch with modzona a year ago I received both sets after a close follow-up. None of the switches are installed yet and they won't be in quite some time, but from what I've seen around they work as expected. I still don't know what happened to modzona and I haven't seen any activity from him over the later 12 months. I know about one member still waiting for his switch, but it may be several more.

I've never met modzona and I don't know him personally, and he lives 1300 km north of me. But we had a good dialog on email and phone back at the time, and I learned he was a decent guy. He is an electrician and he was very motivated about making a reliable and high quality version of this ASR defeat switch. He did a thorough parts research to pick the best items and put a lot of work into the assembly. I think he had some loss on this project, or at break even at best, due to unexpected cost on the items.

My impression is that modzona isn't a guy running away from his commitments, but I have no idea about a expected time perspective on this. But since I live in the same country I would like to help out some way, so could all members who has paid for the switch PM me as a start. I can't promise anything, but I'll try to reach modzona to get a status on the missing ASR defeat switches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 500AMM; 02-23-2018 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Image added
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 500AMM For This Useful Post:

gsxr (02-12-2018), Lynch (03-07-2018), sheward (02-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 500AMM View Post
    I ordered 2 sets and when I finally got in touch with modzona a year ago I received both sets after a close follow-up. None of the switches are installed yet and they won't be in quite some time, but from what I've seen around they work as expected. I still don't know what happened to modzona and I haven't seen any activity from him over the later 12 months. I know about one member still waiting for his switch, but it may be several more.

I've never met modzona and I don't know him personally, and he lives 1300 km north of me. But we had a good dialog on email and phone back at the time, and I learned he was a decent guy. He is an electrician and he was very motivated about making a reliable and high quality version of this ASR defeat switch. He did a thorough parts research to pick the best items and put a lot of work into the assembly. I think he had some loss on this project, or at break even at best, due to unexpected cost on the items.

My impression is that modzona isn't a guy running away from his commitments, but I have no idea about a expected time perspective on this. But since I live in the same country I would like to help out some way, so could all members who has paid for the switch PM me as a start. I can't promise anything, but I'll try to reach modzona to get a status on the missing ASR defeat switches.
    Arnt, that package looks absolutely amazing. From my conversations with modzona, I can tell he's a stand up guy, probably bogged down by some other priorities.

Regardless, I really appreciate your offer of help, I hope to receive my (two) sets. He mentioned I was one of the few/last orders that was lost/confused due to a lack of shipping address on the PayPal or something. I did message him again recently but seems like he's busy/unavailable again. I was supposed to be receiving them (after I contacted him) a few months ago but have yet to hear back or receive them.

I'm going to try to see if I can reach him again before PMing you, thank you.

Seeing the kit he put together just makes me appreciate what he's doing even more and makes me want it even more sooner!

Cheers,
    Kevin

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynch For This Useful Post:

500AMM (03-07-2018), gsxr (03-07-2018)

Re: ASR defeat wiring diagram

I'm trying to manage my expectations and be patient and understanding, but honestly it's been radio silence since end of December.
    I have reached out to Martin over Facebook every month or so, for three months now. Still radio silence since two weeks ago when I reached out after posting here. I hope the guy is alright, but I'm not sure what's going on or what I should do about this.

Would really love to get my two kits.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynch For This Useful Post:

gsxr (03-19-2018)

Is anyone else still waiting on a kit from Martin? I saw him post on the W124 facebook group (which he is fairly active on) like 4 hours ago or so. I pinged him on there again (in public) and hoping he'll respond. I don't really want to cause any issues for anyone, but it would be nice if he could respond.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynch For This Useful Post:

gsxr (03-25-2018)

I'm still waiting for mine.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to peets500 For This Useful Post:

gsxr (04-27-2018)

Looked at the wirring
    would it not be easier the use ground at the switch into the relays and have power to the relays ?
    so that only one ground wire would have to go theough the firewall?